To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Primary Care: Clinics in Office Practice
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- “Effect of integrated yoga on stress and heart rate variability in pregnant women”.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2009; 104: 218-222
- “Effects of a yoga program on cortisol rhythm and mood states in early breast cancer patients undergoing adjuvant radiotherapy: a randomized controlled trial”.Integr Cancer Ther. 2009; 8: 37-46
- “Yoga ameliorates performance anxiety and mood disturbance in young professional musicians”.Appl Psychophysiol Biofeedback. 2009; 34: 279-289
- Comparing yoga, exercise, and a self-care book for chronic low back pain: a randomized, controlled trial.Ann Intern Med. 2005; 143: 849
- The impact of modified Hatha yoga on chronic low back pain: a pilot study.Altern Ther Health Med. 2004; 10: 56
- Effect of Iyengar yoga therapy for chronic low back pain.Pain. 2005; 115: 107
- “Effect of short-term intensive yoga program on pain, functional disability and spinal flexibility in chronic low back pain: a randomized control study”.J Altern Complement Med. 2008; 14: 637-644
- “The efficacy of a comprehensive lifestyle modification programme based on yoga in the management of bronchial asthma: a randomized controlled trial”.BMC Pulm Med. 2009; 9: 37
- “Randomized controlled trial of yoga and exercise in multiple sclerosis”.Neurology. 2004; 62: 2058-2064
- “Yoga as a treatment for binge eating disorder: a preliminary study”.Complement Ther Med. 2009; 17: 196-202
- “Effect of slow- and fast-breathing exercises on autonomic functions in patients with essential hypertension”.J Altern Complement Med. 2009; 15: 711-717
- “Randomized, controlled, six-month trial of yoga in healthy seniors: effects on cognition and quality of life”.Altern Ther Health Med. 2006; 12: 40-47
- “Yoga during pregnancy: effects on maternal comfort, labor pain and birth outcomes”.Complement Ther Clin Pract. 2008; 14: 105-115
- “Efficacy of yoga on pregnancy outcome”.J Altern Complement Med. 2005; 11: 237-244
- “The benefits of yoga for rheumatoid arthritis: results of a preliminary, structured 8-week program”.Rheumatol Int. 2009; 29: 1417-1421
- The yoga tradition: its history, literature, philosophy and practice.Hohm Press, Prescott (AZ)2001 (p. 91–138, 155–82, 213–38, 381–426)
- Portal to higher awareness.in: Ballentine R. Hymes A. Science of breath: a practical guide. Himalayan Institute, Honesdale1979: 72-112
- Yoga in America Study.(Available at:)Accessed August 21, 2009)
- Yoga alliance database search.(Available at:)Accessed August 25, 2009)
- Contemporary definitions of yoga therapy.(Available at:)Accessed August 25, 2009)
- The science of yoga.in: Yoga as medicine. Bantam Dell, New York2007: 26-47
- Choosing a style of yoga and a teacher.in: Yoga as medicine. Bantam Dell, New York2007: 102-120 (120–129)
- “Characteristics of yoga users: results of a national survey”.J Gen Intern Med. 2008; 23: 1653-1658
- Prevalence, correlates, co-morbidity, and comparative disability of DSM-IV generalized anxiety disorder in the USA: results from the National Epidemiologic Survey on alcohol and related conditions.Psychol Med. 2005; 35: 1747
- Generalized anxiety disorder in primary care: the precursor/modifier pathway to increased health care utilization.J Clin Psychiatry. 1997; 58: 34
- Anxiety disorders in primary care: prevalence, impairment, comorbidity, and detection.Ann Intern Med. 2007; 146: 317
- Physician office visits of adults for anxiety disorders in the United States, 1985–1998.J Gen Intern Med. 2002; 17: 165
- “Yoga therapy decreases dyspnea-related distress and improves functional performance in people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a pilot study”.J Altern Complement Med. 2009; 15: 225-234
- “Efficacy and tolerability of yoga breathing in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a pilot study”.J Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev. 2009; 29: 133-137
- “Yoga for menopausal symptoms: a systematic review”.Menopause. 2009; 16: 602-608
- “Yoga of awareness program for menopausal symptoms in breast cancer survivors: results from a randomized trial”.Support Care Cancer. 2009; 17: 1301-1309
The authors have no disclosure to make with respect to funding support.
© 2010 Published by Elsevier Inc.