Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Primary Care: Clinics in Office Practice
- Reviewing Chinese immigrant women’s health experiences in English-speaking Western Countries: a postcolonial feminist analysis.Health Sociol Rev. 2015; 24: 15-28
- Routine preoperative testing: a systematic review of the evidence.Health Technol Assess Winch Engl. 1997; 1 (i-iv; 1-62)
- Access to health care for undocumented migrant children and pregnant women: the paradox between values and attitudes of health care professionals.Matern Child Health J. 2013; 17: 292-298
- Pew Research Center. Christians were 61% of religious minority refugees entering the U.S. in 2016. Pew Research Center.(Available at:)https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/02/07/most-refugees-who-enter-the-u-s-as-religious-minorities-are-christians/ft_17-02-03_refugeereligion_640px/(Accessed May 16, 2020)Date: 2017
- A systematic review of refugee women’s reproductive health.Refuge Can J Refug. 2002; 21: 6-17
- World Health Organization. Breast cancer: prevention and control. Cancer.(Available at:)Accessed August 2, 2020)
- National Association of Community Health Centers. PRAPARE. NACHC.(Available at:)Accessed May 26, 2020)
- Menstrual hygiene management in resource-poor countries.Obstet Gynecol Surv. 2017; 72: 356-376
- Menstrual hygiene in South Asia: a neglected issue for WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene) programmes.Gend Dev. 2010; 18: 99-113
- A systematic review of the health and social effects of menstrual hygiene management.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e62004
- Factors in use of family planning services by Syrian women in a refugee camp in Jordan.J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care. 2016; 73: 96-102
- Contraceptive practices and attitudes among immigrant and nonimmigrant women in Canada.Can Fam Physician. 2013; 59: e451-e455
- Unmet contraceptive needs among refugees.Can Fam Physician Med Fam Can. 2014; 60: e613-e619
- Reducing Maternal Mortality and Morbidity. National Academies Press (US).(Available at:)Accessed August 3, 2020)
- A patient perspective in research on intercultural caring in maternity care: a meta-ethnography.Int J Qual Stud Health Well-being. 2010; 5https://doi.org/10.3402/qhw.v5i1.4648
- Perinatal outcomes of uninsured immigrant, refugee and migrant mothers and newborns living in Toronto, Canada.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2013; 10: 2198-2213
- Severe maternal morbidity associated with maternal birthplace: a population-based register study.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2017; 39: 978-987
- Barriers to Breastfeeding in the United States. Office of the Surgeon General (US).(Available at:)Accessed August 3, 2020)
- Migration and perinatal mental health in women from low- and middle-income countries: a systematic review and meta-analysis.BJOG Int J Obstet Gynaecol. 2017; 124: 742-752
- Sustainable development goals and the mental health of resettled refugee women: a role for international organizations.Front Psychiatry. 2019; 10https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyt.2019.00608
- Women’s Mental Health. Oxford University Press.(Available at:)Accessed May 16, 2020)
- Long-term mental health of war-refugees: a systematic literature review.BMC Int Health Hum Rights. 2015; 15https://doi.org/10.1186/s12914-015-0064-9
- Prevalence and risk of mental disorders in the perinatal period among migrant women: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Arch Womens Ment Health. 2017; 20: 449-462
- The increased vulnerability of refugee population to mental health disorders.Kans J Med. 2018; 11: 20-23
- San Antonio refugees: Their demographics, healthcare profiles, and how to better serve them.PLoS One. 2019; 14https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0211930
- Prevalence of serious mental disorder in 7000 refugees resettled in western countries: a systematic review.The Lancet. 2005; 365: 1309-1314
- Somatization in refugees: a review.Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol. 2014; 49: 1793-1804
- WHO | Female genital mutilation (FGM). WHO.(Available at:)
- Demographic Perspectives on Female Genital Mutilation. United Nations Population Fund.(Available at:)
- Female genital mutilation and obstetric outcome: WHO collaborative prospective study in six African countries.Lancet Lond Engl. 2006; 367: 1835-1841
- Clinical indications for cesarean delivery among women living with female genital mutilation.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2017; 139: 21-27
- United Nations Population Fund. Female genital mutilation (FGM) frequently asked questions.(Available at:)
- A description of female genital mutilation and force-feeding practices in Mauritania: implications for the protection of child rights and health.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e60594
- Fattening practices among Moroccan Saharawi women.East Mediterr Health J. 2006; 12: 619-624
- United Nations Childrens Fund. Ending Child Marriage: Progress and Prospects. UNICEF.(Available at:)
- World Health Organization. World Report on Violence and Health. WHO.(Available at:)
- Preventing gender-biased sex selection: an interagency statement OHCHR, UNFPA, UNICEF, UN women and WHO. World Health Organization (WHO), Geneva, Switzerland2011 (Available at:)
Conflicts of interest: None to report.
Financial disclosure: None to report.