Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Primary Care: Clinics in Office Practice
McNeeley, S. Urgent Care Centers: An Overview. Am J Clinic Med: Vol 9, No. 2, 80-81.
- Urgent care centers in the U.S.: findings from a national survey.BMC Health Serv Res. 2009; 9: 79
- Trends in Visits to Acute Care Venues for Treatment of Low-Acuity Conditions in the United States From 2008 to 2015.JAMA Intern Med. 2018; 178: 1342-1349
- Urgent Care Centers Deter Some Emergency Department Visits But on Net, Increase Spending.Health Aff. 2021; 40: 587-595
- The Use Of Telemedicine By Physicians: Still The Exception Rather Than The Rule.Health Aff (Millwood). 2018; 37: 1923-1930
- Trends in the use of telehealth during the emergency of the COVID-19 pandemic—United States, January–March 2020.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2020; 69: 1595-1599
- Virtual Urgent Care Quality and Safety in the Time of Coronavirus.Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2021; 47: 86-98
- From virtual care to hybrid care: COVID-19 and the future of telehealth. Insights from the 2020 Amwell Physician and Consumer Survey.(Available at:)Accessed March 13, 2022)
- Assessment of Patient Preferences for Telehealth in Post-COVID-19 Pandemic Health Care.JAMA Netw Open. 2021; 4: e2136405
- Patient preferences for direct-to-consumer telemedicine services: a nationwide survey.BMC Health Serv Res. 2017; 17: 784
- Mobile Fact Sheet. April 7, 2021.(Available at:)Accessed January 23, 2022)
- Delivering Urgent Care Using Telemedicine: Insights from Experienced Clinicians at Academic Medical Centers.J Gen Intern Med. 2022; 37: 707-713
- Video Teleconferencing for Disease Prevention, Diagnosis, and Treatment : A Rapid Review.Ann Intern Med. 2022; 175: 256-266
- Access and Quality of Care in Direct-to-Consumer Telemedicine.Telemed J E Health. 2016; 22: 282-287
- Antibiotic Prescribing During Pediatric Direct-to-Consumer Telemedicine Visits.Pediatrics. 2019; 143: e20182491
- Nonemergency acute care: when it's not the medical home.Pediatrics. 2017; 139: e20170629
- Differences in antibiotic prescribing rates for telemedicine encounters for acute respiratory infections.J Telemed Telecare. 2022; (1357633X221074503)https://doi.org/10.1177/1357633X221074503
- Association Between Antibiotic Prescribing for Respiratory Tract Infections and Patient Satisfaction in Direct-to-Consumer Telemedicine.JAMA Intern Med. 2018; 178: 1558-1560
- Virtual vs traditional care settings for low-acuity urgent conditions: An economic analysis of cost and utilization using claims data.J Telemed Telecare. 2021; 27: 59-65
- Virtual Visits for Acute, Nonurgent Care: A Claims Analysis of Episode-Level Utilization.J Med Internet Res. 2017; 19: e35
- Direct-To-Consumer Telehealth May Increase Access To Care But Does Not Decrease Spending.Health Aff (Millwood). 2017; 36: 485-491
- On-demand synchronous audio video telemedicine visits are cost effective.Am J Emerg Med. 2019; 37: 890-894
- Urban Telemedicine Enables Equity in Access to Acute Illness Care.Telemed J E Health. 2017; 23: 105-112
Neither author has conflicts of interest to disclose.