Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Primary Care: Clinics in Office Practice
- Insect migration and changes in venom allergy due to climate change.Immunol Allergy Clin N Am. 2021; 41: 85-95
- Anaphylaxis-a 2020 practice parameter update, systematic review, and Grading of Recommendations, Assessment, Development and Evaluation (GRADE) analysis.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2020; 145: 1082
- Epidemiology of hymenoptera allergy.Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol. 2002; 2: 341-346
The Schmidt sting pain index, Available at: https://www.nhm.ac.uk/scroller-schmidt-painscale/#intro. Accessed August 3, 2022.
- Stinging insect allergy and venom immunotherapy.Allergy Asthma Proc. 2019; 40: 372-375
- Approach to Patients with Stinging Insect Allergy.Med Clin North Am. 2020; 104: 129-143
- EAACI guidelines on allergen immunotherapy: Hymenoptera venom allergy.Allergy. 2018; 73: 744-764
- Sensitization to Hymenoptera venoms is common, but systemic sting reactions are rare.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014; 133: 1635-16343.e1
- Asymptomatic sensitization to hymenoptera venom is related to total immunoglobulin E levels.Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2009; 148: 261-264
- Number of Deaths from Hornet, Wasp, and Bee Stings, Among Males and Females — National Vital Statistics System, United States, 2000–2017.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2019; 68: 649
- Fatal anaphylaxis in the UK, 1992-2001.Novartis Found Symp. 2004; 257 ([discussion: 128-32, 157-60, 276-128]): 116-128
Ellis, Jamie (January 2008). “Africanized honey bee - Apis mellifera scutellata Lepeletier”. University of Florida Entymology and Nematology Department, Available at: https://entnemdept.ufl.edu/creatures/misc/bees/ahb.htm. Accessed August 3, 2022.
Africanized Bees. Information Sheet Number45. Smithsonian Institute BugInfo, Available at: https://www.si.edu/spotlight/buginfo/killbee. Accessed August 3, 2022.
- Evaluation of severe reactions to sweat bee stings.Ann Allergy. 1991; 66: 399-404
Halictid Bees (Sweat Bees) | Missouri Department of Conservation, Available at: https://mdc.mo.gov/discover-nature/field-guide/halictid-bees-sweat-bees. Accessed August 3, 2022.
- Clinical consequences of toxic envenomations by Hymenoptera.Toxicon. 2018; 150: 96-104
Global Invasive Species Database, 2022, Available at: http://www.iucngisd.org/gisd/100_worst.php on 15-08-2022. Accessed August 3, 2022.
Kruse B., Anderson J. and Simon L.V., Fire Ant Bites, In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL), 2022, StatPearls Publishing,Treasure Island (FL).
- Characteristics of venom allergy at initial evaluation: Is fire ant hypersensitivity similar to flying Hymenoptera?.Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2019; 123: 590-594
- Frequency of imported fire ant stings in patients receiving immunotherapy.Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2009; 102: 303-307
- Insect sting reactions to bees, wasps, and ants.Int J Dermatol. 2005; 44: 91-94
- Itch in Hymenoptera Sting Reactions.Front Allergy. 2021; 2: 727776
- Underuse of epinephrine for the treatment of anaphylaxis: missed opportunities.Journal of Asthma and Allergy. 2018; 11: 143
- Factors associated with epinephrine administration for anaphylaxis in children before arrival to the emergency department.Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. 2017; 119: 164-169
- Changes in emergency department concordance with guidelines for the management of stinging insect-induced anaphylaxis: 1999-2001 vs 2013-2015.Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2018; 120: 419-423
- Risk factors and indicators of severe systemic insect sting reactions.Allergy. 2020; 75: 535-545
- Predictors of severe anaphylaxis in hymenoptera venom allergy: the importance of absence of urticaria and angioedema.Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2020; 125: 72-77
- Fatal posture in anaphylactic shock.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2003; 112: 451-452
- Changes in BP induced by passive leg raising predict response to fluid loading in critically ill patients.Chest. 2002; 121: 1245-1252
- Use of multiple epinephrine doses in anaphylaxis: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2021; 148: 1307-1315
- Do corticosteroids prevent biphasic anaphylaxis?.J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2017; 5: 1194-1205
- Late-onset allergic reactions, including serum sickness, after insect stings.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1989; 84: 331-337
- Haemolytic uremic syndrome following fire ant bites.BMC Nephrol. 2014; 15: 5
- Rhabdomyolysis and acute renal failure after fire ant bites.J Gen Intern Med. 2007; 22: 145-147
- Acute ITP due to insect bite: report of 2 cases.Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. 2011; 17: 408-409
- Cold-induced urticaria with systemic reactions after hymenoptera sting lasting for 10 years.Allergol Immunopathol (Madr). 2013; 41: 283-284
- Hymenoptera venom allergy: how does venom immunotherapy prevent anaphylaxis from bee and wasp stings?.Front Immunol. 2019; 10: 1959
- Skeeter syndrome.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1999; 104: 705-707
- Insect bite reactions.Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2013; 79: 151-164
- Scorpion toxicity.in: StatPearls [internet]. StatPearls Publishing, Treasure Island (FL)2022
- Widow spiders in the New World: a review on Latrodectus Walckenaer, 1805 (Theridiidae) and latrodectism in the Americas.J Venom Anim Toxins Incl Trop Dis. 2021; 27: e20210011
- Black widow spider toxicity.in: StatPearls [internet]. StatPearls Publishing, Treasure island (FL)2021 (2022)
- Brown recluse spider toxicity.in: StatPearls [internet]. StatPearls Publishing, Treasure island (FL)2022
- Clinical aspects, diagnosis and management of Loxosceles spider envenomation: literature and case review.Arch Toxicol. 2020; 94: 1461-1477
- National Estimates of Noncanine Bite and Sting Injuries Treated in US Hospital Emergency Departments, 2011-2015.South Med J. 2020; 113: 232-239
- NOT RECLUSE-A mnemonic device to avoid false diagnoses of brown recluse spider Bites.JAMA Dermatol. 2017; 153: 377-378
- Scorpion envenomation: state of the art.Intensive Care Med. 2020; 46: 401-410